A89: Re: Determining the size of a routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Determining the size of a routine

You can get some books from Motorolla giving instruction timing, opcodes,
syntax, etc.  This is copied from an earlier post from Scott Novek:

few books from Motorola (all free). Head on over to
http://merchant.hibbertco.com/mtrlext/ , click "General Search" on the left
sidebar, and enter "68000" in the DOC # field.

You want to get the top two items that come up:

M68000PM/AD - M68000 FAMILY PROGRAMMER'S REFERENCE MANUAL R1
This manual lists and explains in detail all the instructions and opcodes,
among other things. You'll be able to guage the size of any instruction and
convert from instruction <--> opcode, but it doesn't list the instruction
timings.

M68000UM/AD - M680008 /16 /32 BIT MICRO USERS NINTH EDITION R8
The User's manual has all of the instruction timings. You're interested in
Chapter 8: 16-bit instruction times (not Chapter 7, which is 8-bit).

I've ordered these books; they are totally free, and very useful for anyone
programming for the M86K (although I have yet to do that...).

JayEll