Re: A89: Reading keys w/o auto int 1

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Reading keys w/o auto int 1

Hi!

> Make sure that in addition to removing the standard batteries
> that you also remove the Lithium backup battery. If this doesn't
> work leave the batteries (all of them including the Lithium out
> of the calc over night.

Not necessary: just read the TI manual more carefully. There is
a cite from page 547 ("In Case of Difficulty"):

Problem:
--------

The TI-89 appears to be "locked up" and will not respond to
keyboard input.

Solution:
---------

1. Remove ONE of the four AAA batteries.
2. Press and hold "(-)" and ")" as you reinstall the battery.
3. Continue holding "(-)" and ")" for five seconds before releasing.

Note: Correcting a "lock up" will reset your TI-89 and clear its
memory.

This is a cite from TI manual. As this is tenth time that someone
asks this question on this mailing list, I just wonder why too
many people asks questions which are explained on very logical
places in the manual??? The same is true with TIGCC: I receive
a dozens of questions related to TIGCC which are in fact explained
on the first page of TIGCC manual, or even worse, in the "Frequently
asked questions" list!

Zeljko Juric