A89: Re: Can a shell be started at boot?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Can a shell be started at boot?

> Or rather, an explorer, like Tex for TEOS...

I'm pretty sure thats possible. I don't know much 89 assembly but It's
possible on the 86.

> can it be started whenever the calculator is turned on, in case i have the
> password protection on and don't want people using my calculator...

Just use 2nd-Diamond-On in Tex. That will shutdown the shell with password
protection. You can also use a shell bolt (the shell cant be started without
entering the password).

> when i used the patched version of 2.05 (patched on computer by
hw2patch.exe
> and then sent with tib receiver), dooros would turn the calculator off if
> the wrong password was entered, and then when turned back on, it would
still
> be at the enter password screen, although the background was really weird
> looking... random pixels and such. whether this was intended or some kind
of
> error that was not expected, i don't know, but surely it can be reproduced
> on purpose, specifically on the 2.03 rom.

The scrambled pixels effect is intended. I believe Xavier just loads a
section of the ROM into the screen memory to make that effect (thats the
best way). Doors does this on all rom versions.

> anyone know of any way to do this?

I'm not sure what you're asking by now. Are you asking about the pixel
effect or shutting down the calc during a shell? When you put the password
in wrong in Doors, it doesn't actually exit Doors but instead turns off the
calculator from inside the shell. Therefore when the calc is turned back on,
you're still in the shell.

- }InFuZeD{
- TI-Net @ http://www.tinews.net