Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

the only place I can remember the unused bits of address being used is
in the main headers.
nostub.h:
asm("bset #7,(%sp)              /* The support for ~exit~ and
~atexit~    */
     jmp _main");               /* and the workaround for a bug in
TI-GCC */

doors.h:
asm("_main:bset #7,(%sp)        /* The support for ~exit~ and
~atexit~    */
     jmp __main");

and I am guessing, but I think that is used so that zeljko can remove
stack frames until he hits the one that is marked with the highest bit
set.

Note: never stick a number on the stack (with asm) with the high bit set
if you expect to be able to exit().

--
Scott "Wrath" Dial
wrath@calc.org