Re: A89: Quick Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Quick Question

Rob Smith wrote:

> Isn't it always true, that you can access the boot loader, no matter what
> happens to the rom? or is the boot loader part of the rom in a area we can
> not access?

The boot loader is located in the first 64k of the flash memory, and
this area is physically write-protected (the pin for write access is not
welded). It is impossible to overwrite it only with a software
operation. Now, the question is : is it possible to create a malicious
(or let's say bugged) program that will prevent the boot loader from
being launched after a complete reinitialization ? I don't think so, I
believe that if you remove your batteries for a few minutes, the entire
ram will be cleared, and the very first thing to be run will be the boot
sector.