Re: A89: HW2 PATCH...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: HW2 PATCH...

Michael Sowka wrote:

> Hey! The HW2Patch 2.20 has been release... and it's got me even more
> confused!... ON PC patching? Does this mean that before I run anysoftware on
> the 89 I have to patch the *.89* on my computer and use a special program to
> uploaded it? I can't patch my calculator indefinatly? THAT SUCKS!! (all this
> is for 2.05.... :( ) Can someone send me 2.04... please I give up!

First, you have to know that this new version of HW2patch was released
along another "magic" program, named Tib Receiver. This program allow
you to send a modified rom to your calculator - it doesn't perform RSA
check, so you can send anything to your calculator, even, if you feel
suicidal, a 1.00 rom on a HW2 calc, or again the famous Openos.tib :)

Now, HW2patch works like this : you must use it to patch a .tib file
directly on your PC. Then, you send this modified .tib to your calc
using Tib Receiver. The author has some good reasons to have switched to
this method.