A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

> When will that be?  I'm almost done with the next release of my IDE, which
> will feature fast real-time syntax highlighting, infinite undo,
calculation
> of the exact position of a compile-time error, and hopefully a more
complete

> BTW, the SDK only has a command-line compiler, right?  Can you tell just
by
> looking at the contract whether it is legal to use it in the TI-GCC IDE
(e.
> g. call it the way I call GCC and the linker)?

Well, TI's IDE has a lot of potential to be very, very nice, and I like it a
lot.  I have a feeling that people who use TI's IDE are going to stick to
TI's IDE - the first build contains everything you mentioned in your first
paragraph, plus a lot more that I can't reveal (remember, they have the
benefit of being able to fully integrate everything. . . you'll see, I
suppose).

Yes, it's a command-line "compiler," although I hesitate to use that term by
itself because there are more tools involved and I'm probably not allowed to
describe them.  Everything CAN be done by a DOS batch file, but, as I said
earlier, I really like the SDK's IDE and I'm sticking with it, and I'm even
so glad to have TI's tools' full integration that I would use a "lesser"
compiler, at least for creating the programs, and possibly TIGCC to compile
the optimized version.

    -Scott