A89: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

I downloaded the most recent doors source; apparently, the new version DOES
use the event handler for Shift+ON (strange, certain "other" documentation
doesn't appear to indicate you can detect the ON key with events =).
However, TEOS and old versions of doors DO still use int 6, which I
personally believe is a much more elegant solution that installing a hook
just for the shift+ON handler.

Allow me to pose the question to the list, then: which do you consider a
"better" solution, a small wrapper for int 6, or an event handler?  Seeing
as the event handler poses some minor dificulties when installing multiple
handlers and is likely to generate larger code, is that really a good idea?
I should also mention that ASM programs are not intended to use the Event
Handler (but as long as it works, use it!). . .

Also, I find it odd that Xavier tests whether the shift key has been pressed
EVERY SINGLE TIME that CM_IDLE [Zeljko: you guessed that name wrong =] is
called, rather that just checking when the on button is pressed?  It's
generating a bit more code and possibly interfering with the calc's "normal"
operations (at least a little slowdown) for no reason I can determine. . .

    -Scott