A89: Re: C sources

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: C sources

> > There are some good example sources that are included with the latest
release of TiGcc.

> A better choice might be the 'CNibbles' program which was recently
> released on ticalc.org; its source code is much more readable.

I digress - the code is functional and readable; however, it's unorthodox
approach to nibbles does not seem like the the best way to learn C.  While
highly optimal code is good, taking such an indirect approach to nibbles -
especially crash detection - is, IMHO, confusing and teaching bad
programming habits/concepts.

I recommend that you just go out and program something already.  If you need
help, just ask, but the best way to learn something is usually to do it
yourself.  And since I know you [steve] have read K&RC2, you've seen all the
example source that I ever saw before hopping right on in. . .

    -Scott