Re: A89: Re: FYI: added info to J89hw.txt

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 07:36:31PM +0200, Jeremie Knusel wrote:

> thanks!
> so why do we put these nop? to be sure that's it's at least three reads, but
> what could do that it's not without these nops?

The NOPs really aren't necessary, but TI has put them there anyway because
they don't know better, or perhaps they don't care. There is a lot of
redundancy in the parts of the OS code that is written in assembler language
(as opposed to the C parts -- but they suffer from their own other problems).

/Johan  "100 bytes is enough."