Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Grayscale troubles

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Grayscale troubles

Hi!

> "evil inheritance"? You can't honestly say that the rom
> provides all the functions we could ever use...

Not all, but a lot of functions usually called from libraries
just exist in TIOS. Functions from ziplib are really honourable
exceptions... I don't need libraries just to call idle_loop
etc. Such functions exists in TIOS. A lot of functions which
are commonly called from libraries (including VAT functions)
exist in TIOS, although the calling is somewhat different.

> A C Runtime library is definantly desirable wether or not it
> is done with a kernel is up to whom every, but a dozen dulpicate
> code blocks removed is enouch for me to say that a library is
> definantly not evil.

They are not evil, if used properly. But they are mainly not used
properly, so they are evil. The fire is not evil is used properly,
but if not, it is very evil. DLL's in Windows are also not used
properly, so they are extremely evil (no, I am not Linux lover;
I am only an ortodox library hater, because my opinion is that a
lot of programmers don't use libraries properly, not only on TI).

To return to TI community, see for example the simple program
(e.g. tetris) which requires even 5 libraries for doing quite
elementary library calls!? In my opinion, this is a sin.

Anyway, the discussion above does not change my opinion that
both TI89 and TI92Plus have the asm built in, not only TI86.

Cheers,

Zeljko