A89: why ti sux0rs (was Grayscale troubles)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: why ti sux0rs (was Grayscale troubles)

Most teachers don't even know how to use the calcs, so they aren't gonna go
ape-shit if TI were to actively support game programmers. Most of them
wouldn't even know...

Get ready for a rant....

TI just doesn't care about us...they got their 150 dollars out of us, and if
they had their way, 300 dollars for a measley 10 signings (with their
non-existent,sub-par SDK). They know that there calcs will always sell, so
that's why they wrote a sub-par OS in C, instead of assembly. Not that I
find anything wrong with C, but a OS that needs to be fast should be done in
ASM. Look at the HP, for example... 4 Mhz, compared to the 89's 10Mhz (or 12
on hw2). Because it's OS is an assembly (or some other real low-level
language, don't remember) it does some things faster than the 89. That's
just sloppy on TI's part. Also, the release of HW2, and the lies that came
with it. Why did they underclock the HW1's, and say that all of the archive
could not be accessed on them? It seems to be just a cheap ploy (for Joe
Average, out there) to say, "Hmmmm, my ti89 is subpar, must get a new one."
The archive deal is what really pisses me off. They knew that HW1 could
access it all, how could they not? The reason is the same as up there...
they are greedy. And the changes that make greyscale such a pain in the ass
to implement...I'd say they did it just to piss us off, but they don't care
that much. This policy of greed is what motivates them to the ASM
restrictions in each succesive AMS release. 8k limit, 24k limit, what the
fuck is this!?!!! They want us to use their damn SDK, and pay out the ass
for it. What I don't understand is how that is even legal. Microsoft can't
limit the size of programs that don't use it's
SDK's,compilers,whatever...how can TI? We own the calculator, it's ours!
They own the sourcecode to their OS, sure. So does Microsoft. But Microsoft
can't keep you from putting Linux on your comp...so why can TI keep you from
making your own OS?

Here's the reason....most people that use their products (and care about
this sort of thing) are kids. Kid's don't count, don't you know?

Ok, the end of my rant.

Michael Cowart - Who hopes his (4 years in the future) computer engineering
major will help him learn the fux0r the TIOS.