Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Grayscale troubles

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Grayscale troubles

What do you mean, they don't sell their calculators to students?  They most
certainly market their calculators to students!  If they only marketed to
teachers, they'd only sell calcs in Nasco and other teacher stores.  They
love it when teachers buy their calculators, but they depend on the student
market as well.  And for the student market, grayscale is a big plus.  TI
may not want to admit it, but they know as well as we do that our games are
a reason some people buy their calculators.  About half the people at my
school who own TI-89s bought them partly because of the games.  TI can't
ignore that kind of power.  Also, why would teachers turn to another
calculator just because TI provided grayscale?  Most teachers don't follow
the calculator gaming scene, so they probably wouldn't even know if TI
released info that made grayscale faster.  There are games available for the
other brands of graphing calculators too, so teachers couldn't just switch
to a brand with no games.

    James Darpinian