Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Grayscale troubles

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Grayscale troubles

> CONCLUSION: Grayscale "in software" on HW2 is just (or not far from) as
fast
> as grayscale "in hardware" on HW1. (And don't forget that when the HW2 CPU
is
> doing something "useful", it's doing it 20% faster than the HW1 CPU.)

Interesting again...
However, HW2 grayscale is still lower quality than HW1.  Somebody should
work on that.  We still must not have it synchronized yet.  Or, maybe the
LCD runs off a different timer in HW2, so it's impossible to synchronize!

> If^H^HWhen the SDK is released, it will describe the software interface
> only. The hardware may change (HW1->HW2), but the software interface will
> stay the same.

I forgot TI is so arrogant they think everyone will only want to use their
(slow) software interface instead of directly accessing the hardware.  Darn!

    James Darpinian