A89: On-Calc ASM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: On-Calc ASM?

I downloaded the on calculator Assembler (AS92) and it seems like a great thing, but has anyone actually gotten programs to work when assembling using it?

I can get lib-calls to work such as "util::clr_scr" and "util::idle_loop", but whenever I try to put an absolute value into a data register ("move.w #10,d0" in A68K) it seems to never work;  I tried the following code and no pixel is ever drawn (although everything else works):

; Code begins
 include equutil

_main:
 jsr util::clr_scr
 move.w #5,d0
 move.w #5,d1
 jsr util::pixel_on
 jsr util::idle_loop
 rts

 end

The program runs fine, except the pixel is never turned on.  I've tried using "#5", "5", "%5", & "%101" as in A68K, but nothing works.  My distribution didn't come with any examples and I can't find documentation on this part anywhere.

I do have a HW2 calc with AMS2.03 and the latest version of doors and all the libs.  Also, I know that you don't need the "xdef" statements (is there an equivalent to use?) because it complains when I have them, and runs without.

Plenty of Appreciation
--Yellofish