A89: Other storage class modifiers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Other storage class modifiers

Do any of the other storage class modifiers (register, volitile) have any
meaning in TI-GCC? I never did understand what volitile was good for. Maybe
it's only useful when multiple programs share the same variables.

register is the interesting one. I've seen it used in some of the examples
that come with TI-GCC. The things I've heard about register is that it
'recomends' to the compiler that the variable be stored in a register, and
the compiler may just ignore the request. In fact, I think most ignore it.
How does TI-GCC handle it?

-Kevin