Re: A89: Question about Archive Utility 3.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Question about Archive Utility 3.0

> In my state (it used to just be my district until this year), disobeying
any
> reasonable directive from a teacher is a susupendable offense. I tested if
> memory deletion was a reasonable directive. It was.

That can't be true. That most definitely can't be true.
I truly wish it were, as I would love to have a reason
to take my teacher/school/district to court (or take
my state to the supreme court (it would be amusing
to beat out an entire state in a legal battle (over a
few kilobytes of memory no less))).  Your teacher
may NOT clear your memory or view the contents
of your memory without your permission ever for any
circumstances without exception.  There would be
an exception if you could carry anything that's a
felony to take onto school campuses in your
calculator's memory, but replicators haven't been
invented yet.  Clearing a calculator's memory does
not fall under the reasonable directive clause, just
as burning the notebooks you bring to class or even
throwing away the gameboy cartriges that you
weren't supposed to bring to class doesn't.  I would
cite court precedents for this except both of the
incidents I've ever heard of were settled (in the
student's favor) by the involved school.