A89: Fractal Demo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Fractal Demo

Check out the Dim-TI Y2k contest final vote - http://www.calc.org/y2k

I've got a neat little fractal demo running as entry #4 - full source is
included for all who are interested.  It currently draws two types of
fractals - escape time fractals and a triangle fractal that's a slight
variation on sierpinski's triangle.  The size can be dynamically adjusted
each time the program runs, and the precision can be changed by modiying the
constant "iterations" in the definitions.h file.

I'm looking to see if anyone else here might have any fractal formulas that
would work in this - it basically loops though the sreen, left column to
right column and top to bottom within each column, and loops around doing
something based upon the x and y values and eventually returns the color to
use.  Both algorithms I use are from the Waite Group's book _The QBasic
Prime Plus_, and I've never seen a similar algorithm used for drawing these
fractals before.  I want to finish the program up as something without the
Y2k theme and release it as a regular program, but I'd like to try and add
some more fractal options first if at all possible.

And, of course, I wouldn't mind getting a few votes =)  But if anyone
happens to know of any fractal algorithms that just loop through the screen
with nested loops (as opposed to the Julia Fractal and Mandlebrot set
formulas that I've seen), please let me know!

    -Scott