Re: A89: 12x12 sprite routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: 12x12 sprite routine

>Does anyone know where to get a good 12x12 sprite routine?? I need one for
>the 89 version of Laser Mayhem (tcpa.calc.org) so if you want a 89
>version... i need help finding a 12x12 sprite routine.. ( I really dont
>wanna make one :) )

First of all, never think of them as 12x12 sprites -- technically, there's
no such thing here.  There are 16x12 sprites where only the left portion is
used, but not 12x12.

That said, use graphlib::put_sprite (or put_sprite_mask, which may be more
appropriate for Laser Mayhem).  It's so darn useful that you only need a
special routine if you're looking for extreme speed, background storing, or
some other useful feature it doesn't have.  Writing your own sprite routine
is like reinventing the wheel.

If you DO need something that graphlib doesn't provide, Dix Gregis wrote a
great 16x16 routine (with the exceptiom of that horizontal clipping bug).  I
have it somewhere on my laptop if you need it.  Email me or the list (or
both) if you need anything else.

    -Scott