Re: A89: A Radio Link idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: A Radio Link idea

>how much would it cost to setup a radio station that would do at least a
>quarter mile(5 miles would be really good so I could broadcast to all my
>friends)
>
>BTW: I live 30 miles out of the city so I don't think more than 5-10 ppl
>would ever hear it

~$129?  Thats what I paid for my 5watt stero transmitter from VeronicaFM.

I modified it for 7.5watt. :)

Don't be confused with watt ratings.  You can have a 1watt transmitter go 5
miles, or 300 feet.  If there are large metal objects, hills,
buildings...your range will be limited.  If you can mount the transmitter
antenna high (like in a tree or on your house) then you can get much better
distance (5 miles like you said).

Grant

Follow-Ups: References: