A89: Re: Re: storing from d1 to a0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: storing from d1 to a0

> I tried it that way but for some reason it's not working for me.  The
> following code should equal the same thing, shouldn't it?
>
>  move.l #t_stat,a0

a0 = Pointer to t_stat, i.e. the place where you *store* the pointer to s1stat.
If you want that pointer you have to write

  move.l     t_stat,a0

>  move.w d0,(a0)
>
> and
>
>  move.l #s1stat,a0

a0 = Pointer to s1stat. So this works.

>  move.w d0,(a0)
>
> s1stat dc.w    0
> t_stat dc.l   s1stat,s2stat,etc.
>
> but in my program when I try the second one, it works, but if I try the
> first one, it doesn't.

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

The lorry blocked the road. And the corrugated iron blocked the road. And a
thirty-foot-high pile of fish blocked the road. It was one of the most
effectively blocked roads the sergeant had ever seen.
        -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)