Re: A89: Re: Making a faster map routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Making a faster map routine

How exactly would I do that?  Could I see an example
for one plane?  Thanks.

--- Niklas Brunlid <e96nbr@efd.lth.se> wrote:

> > Hi.
> >    I am trying to make a game but am having a
> problem.
> >  My program lays a map out on the screen using a
> sort
> > of matrix.  But it puts each sprite on the screen
> one
> > at a time.  This is so slow that you can see each
> > sprite hitting the screen.  It looks kind of silly
> and
> > if the map is to move then it will be incredibly
> slow.
> >  Would it be faster to copy all the sprites for
> the
> > screen to one location and then copy that to the
> > screen.  If so, then how would you do that?  If
> not
> > then can somebody think of a faster way then
> putting
> > each sprite on the screen one by one.  becouse I
> have
> > spent a month trying ideas and optimizing and now
> I am
> > stuck.  Thanks.
>
> If the sprites are any multiple of 8 in width you
> shouldn't plot them with a
> normal sprite function, even if you want to scroll
> pixel-by-pixel. Plot your
> sprites (by yourself) into a buffer that's one
> sprite too wide and one sprite
> too high, then copy-and-shift that buffer onto the
> LCD.
>

>  / Niklas Brunlid
> Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at
> http://prosit.ticalc.org
> Random PQF Quote follows:
>
> A Thaum is the basic unit of magical strength. It
> has been universally
> established as the amount of magic needed to create
> one small white pigeon
> or three normal sized billiard balls.
>         -- (Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic)

=====
Visit my website, Some Assembly Required, at
http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/gilford/908
For the best of japanese programs and news on
my rpg, Brave Warrior Itami.