A89: Making a faster map routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Making a faster map routine

Hi.
   I am trying to make a game but am having a problem.
 My program lays a map out on the screen using a sort
of matrix.  But it puts each sprite on the screen one
at a time.  This is so slow that you can see each
sprite hitting the screen.  It looks kind of silly and
if the map is to move then it will be incredibly slow.
 Would it be faster to copy all the sprites for the
screen to one location and then copy that to the
screen.  If so, then how would you do that?  If not
then can somebody think of a faster way then putting
each sprite on the screen one by one.  becouse I have
spent a month trying ideas and optimizing and now I am
stuck.  Thanks.

=====
Visit my website, Some Assembly Required, at
http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/gilford/908
For the best of japanese programs and news on
my rpg, Brave Warrior Itami.