Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 21:44:12 -0400
From: "Scott Noveck" <noveck@pluto.njcc.com>
Subject: A89: Hardware Version 2.00 Problems

OK, I was wrong -- a friend of mine in school bought an 89 yesterday
loaded
w/ hardware version 2.00 and ROM 1.05 natively.  The DoorsOS version 1.00
kernel froze when I attempted to install it; I'm not sure if one of the
newer versions of the kernel from Final Beta 2 will help.  I haven't
tried
to downgrade him to ROM v1.00 yet directly from my own calc.  There
definately IS something odd about those calcs; Olle, does your friend
(was
it Johan?) have a new one to "dissect" and analyze for differences?

Something fishy is going on. . . the whole point of Flash ROM on the 89s
is
so that all calcs - old and new - can be on the same version and there is
no
NEED to release newer versions of the actual calculator - just tell
people
to download the upgraded version of the ROM.  If they needed to release
new
hardware then there seems to be some kind of a serious problem with the
old
ones. . .
     Webpage- http://www.bigfoot.com/~mastermind5
     Get paid to surf the web-