Re: A89: Ram vs. Archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Ram vs. Archive

RAM isn't cleared on resets. Neither is FlashROM. TI made it reset the RAM
and FlashROM on resets for security reasons obviously. How would you like
it if virii became widely avaliable in the TI world. Thats what would
happen. TI purposely resets the FAT so that program pointers are broken
and virii wouldn't work. That is also why TI asks that FlashROM progs be
digitally signed. All pointers are cleared on reset as well (interrupts
etc.). This is to my knowledge correct. It also applies for the 86 (the
parts about the RAM).

-}InFuZeD{
-TINews: http://tinews.n3.net

Btw, there is a pretty cool permanant ROM area that is a fail-safe. It is
actually a small thingy that accepts ROMs from the computer. I commend TI
on this great feature =)