A89: Re: Basically the entire digest

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Basically the entire digest

 > All of you complain and complain about the HW2 problem, but what do you
 > think TI is going to do?  They didn't design the calculators so you could
 > pplay games with cool-looking grey-scale graphics, their objective is to
 > make the 89 the best calculator it can be for the math users.  If its

I haven't complained yet. Still, IMHO if they want to make the best
calculator for math users, they should brush up the software a bit.
Sometimes the calculator shows frustrating ignorance with regards to
basic algebraic transformations. In addition, the fact that you can't
use complex numbers with polar form using degrees (which is a *very*
common mode in electrical engineering, for example) and a few other
quirks make it questionable if TI wants to make the "best" calculator
for math users.

Mind you, I believe that what TI wants to make is *profit*. They will
care about math users or assembly hackers when either one can have an
impact on the quaterly results, not a minute before.

Zoltan