A89: pissed off, part 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: pissed off, part 2

My reply:

>        I have been instructed to refer your questions to the customer
>service center;  and that my job tasks and descriptions do not go outside
>the scope of the TI-83 Plus.

Can't I get in contact with someone who at least understands the technical
details of the calculator?  A friend of mine tried calling customer service
to figure out what was changed with the 89 hardware/firmware upgrade, and
the representative tried to tell him it had more memory.  When my friend
explained that this is not the case, the representative apparently kept
insisting it was true with little knowledge of. . . well, anything.

>   May  "I"  recommend that you have a bit of
>patience; the '92+ SDK is in process & your questions would be appropriate
>for the staff of that SDK.

Is there any way I could get in touch with the SDK writers directly sometime
soon?  It's already been delayed from the early December release that was
promised back in _May_, certainly a long enough time to prepare the
materials and a promise that should not have been made if it was that far
from being fulfilled.

>   You may also attempt of interface with
>additional peers in the TI-89/92/92+ programming community; they may be
>able to assist.

I have tried; every single one of them agrees that the program I had should
activate grayscale properly on either version of the 89 according to the
information you provided me with.  Even a special version of the popular
emulator that was designed to work like a new 89 based on the changes you
listed.  Something crucial is missing and programs won't work without it. .
.

>        I not attempting to ignore you or  your questions; but much of
>what your asking is sensitive, both internally and externally, for several
>reasons, some of which I'm not probably not even aware of.....  I do not
>know if this sensitivity is company-to-company competition;  current or
>prior legal tests of propritary software  trademarks/copyrights and
>changes in this status if released "external to the corporation"; ;  "too
>many" questions on 92+ behaviors coupled with too few staff;  or several
>other reasons.  In any case, I cannot assist regarding questions outside
>the scope of the TI-83 Plus.   My apologies,... I'm sorry.

Is it not fair to ask what has been changed in the new calculators?  Both
the web site and the calculator packaging claimed that the calculator would
ALWAYS be UP TO DATE because it can always be upgraded via Flash ROM.  There
are many people who demand a trade-in for their old calculators, since those
have a security error which makes them vulnerable AND do not run as fast.

At the very least, we have a right to know what has been changed.  Your
previous correspondence was helpful, but it was definately missing something
important that prevents this program from working.  At the very least
someone could take that source and get it to work, no further questions
asked - I doubt that there's anything "sensitive" that a simple screen page
flipping interrupt would reveal that couldn't be found by studying the ROM.
All I want to do is get this thing to flash a two-plane, four-color
grayscale picture with minimal CPU usage. . .

    -Scott