Re: A89: Archive Utility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Archive Utility

>I know a bunch of people use it, but I also know that a bunch of people
>can't. Everyone says they have the same calc but from one calc to
>another it does not work. So what is the determining factor? I know for
>a fact I have a "original" hw1 ams1.00 calc and AU doesn't work, but yet
>I hear a lot of people who have the same generation of 89 that can
>install AU. What causes the incompatability?

There should NOT be a problem with a HWr1 89 and AU (at least 2.0) as long
as you use the v1.00 ROM -- a certain boot value is needed by AU (see the
documentation) which changes for each ROM version, so the build of AU must
be prepared for your ROM version.

HWr2 calcs will NOT run AU - since TI fixed the security gate quirk (see my
longer allowed (any writing to ROM is blocked by the "security chip," as TI
calls it).

If you're on HWr1 with ROM v1.00, there should NOT be any problem
whatsoever.  If there is, then can you explain what happens when you try to
install AU?

    -Scott