Re: A89: the a68k assembler and how it makes machine code

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: the a68k assembler and how it makes machine code

It knows the hex equate of the code you assemble...

I.E.

the compiler knows that

RTS = $4E75

so whenever the compiler comes to an rts in the code it replaces $4E75 for
rts.
and so on until all the code is assembled...

get it?

At 10:38 PM 11/8/99 -0600, you wrote:

>Ok, I'm not very new at assembly language (been programming for a year
now), but I still
>don't understand how an assembler works.  How does it change all the code
you put in to
>machine code.  In fact, how does it calculate all the hex code?  If
someone could explain all
>this or just give me a website to visit, I would be greatly appreciative.
Thanks!