Re: A89: TI-GCC help needed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TI-GCC help needed

Robin Kirkman writes:
 > > This is what you (and others) are lacking: a basic float point C
 > > support library for gcc. I do not know any freely available such
 > > package (yet).
 >
 > actually, when you build gcc, a library with all those
 > processor-specific functions is generated too.

Not really. A handful of functions is generated, not very efficiently,
though. An other handful is not generated. They are divided into
libgcc1.a and libgcc2.a, the libgcc2 contains functions that can be
(and are) described in C. The libgcc1 contains self-referencing (that
is, not working) implementation *stubs*. Neoither of these contains
float point stuff, there's a float library that comes with gcc bit it
is not fully IEEE compliant and only implements one data type (in
contrast to 3 float formats supported by the compiler).
It is actually spelled out in the docs that come with gcc.
At least that was the case I last generated an m68k crosscompiler.

 >  does anyone need this?
 > i'm not quite sure if the linux m68k-unknown-coff version will work with
 > tigcc's linker.

Pass.

Regards,

Zoltan