Re: A89: Re: ATTN: The guy who had the "source" of AU.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mark Zavislak wrote:
> Actually, I do *not* plan on releasing any actual code to this program.  I
> do, however, think that details kept by secrecy are not really secure in
> the long run.  As with any security loophole, the calcs would be better off
> with some sort of "virus protection" (I use the term loosely) to protect
> against future programs that may try to damage the calc.

It is no secret.
All the info needed to do this sofware workaround for the flashprotection, is
STILL available (and has been for a very long time. almost as long as it has
been known) at my web page http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/  in the text 89hw.txt.
If you dont understand the text, you shouldn't tamper with it.

//Olle

Follow-Ups: References: