Re: A89: TI89 Site & Math-(not a serious responce)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TI89 Site & Math-(not a serious responce)

In a message dated 5/6/99 11:09:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time, dux@acz.org
writes:

> maybe in never-never land.  according to nintendo the gb and gbc are 1 and 2
>  MHz respectively, but that's measured in instructions per second.  if you
>  measure it in t-states per second (the way zilog does for god knows what
>  wacked out reason) then the gb and gbc variations are 4 and 8 MHz
>  respectively.  compared to the 68000 in the 89 (10MHz), the double speed
>  mode on the gbc is still 8MHz slower than the 89 and a ti-8x is about 8.5
>  MHz slower than the 89/92/92+ (assuming that motorolla measures frequency
by
>  instructions per second as most normal companies do ;-)

And all this time I thought that the 89 was so much faster (i.e. a heck of a
lot more than 2 mhz) because of the expanded instruction set...