Re: A89: TI89 Site & Math-(not a serious responce)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TI89 Site & Math-(not a serious responce)

> Ha, even the original GB is better than the 89.  For one, the 89 doesn't
> have, and will never have 4-channel stereo sound.  The GB also has a
higher
> resolution, and the ROMs can have more mem than the 89.
>
> If we were just comparing processors, then yes, the 89 would even be
better
> than the (someone correct me here) ~8Mhz (Dual-mode, for older GB games)

sure.  1 MHz for gb; 2MHz for gbc.  it has built in sprite and scrolling
hardware (and grayscale lcd of course) which explains why it's able to
handle side scrollers so much more easily than the calcs, even at lower
processor speeds (the ti-8xs being 6MHz measured under t states, 1.5 MHz
under the standard instructions per second).  but the gb can't handle ray
casting for shit :-)