Re: A89: Mogsoft Website

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Mogsoft Website

noveck@pluto.njcc.com writes:

> "In the future, Mogsoft hopes to set the standard for excellent TI89
>  assembly games- especially with RPGs. Mark our words: we WILL beat CCIA's
>  Pokemon someday!"
>
>  heeeey. . . I heard that =)  Try me, you haven't even seen it. . .
>  seriously, though, if I can ever get up off my lazy rear and do some
coding,
>  I can finish up pokemon soon. . . any of you regulars here want a beta, let
>  me know =)
I _have_ seen the beta, and I was rather disappointed, to be completely
honest. The only good part was the graphics- and they weren't origonal.
Actually, all you REALLY need to do to make it look decent is draw the edges
of the screen, the way it scrolls looks _REALLY_ bad. Otherwise, it was kinda
nifty. :)

>  This is war -- I should make you credit me for attempting to assist you
with
>  that lookup table program!  At least half of my routines in pokemon use
>  lookup tables, and if you use them in tandem with tios::heapalloc, they can
>  ve used just like dynamic arrays in a high-level language.  I have to go
>  back to Poker 86 and implement some more, they're just so darn convenient
>  and small. . .
I didn't mean war or anything, I believe I mentioned that I was gonna remove
comments about other programming groups... well, the ACZ at lest. I meant you
guys too. My aplogies for anyone I have offended.
(I don't mean to sound ingrateful, but you helped me with the lookup tables?
If you did, I wanna put that in the readme for it... do you have an ICQ/AIM
name that is completely different than your e-mail address??)

>  So what's next, Moggy?  If you want any help with demo routines (how about
>  external savegames? I'm working on that now) just give me a call. . .
Don't think I'm that good yet... :)
As I said, it will be SOMEDAY... not anytime soon. (And for the record, I
never said anything about what you might happen to make in the future. ;)

>                      -Scott Noveck (SMN)
>                       smn@calc.org
>                       Lead Programmer:
>                       Pokemon 89

Lead Programmer for Pokemon 89? Well, despite the jab (it wasn't a jab,
really, I never said anything BAD about Pokemon 89 on my site, I just hinted
that sometime in the not-to-close future that I'd make something better!)
Pokemon 89 is a great effort, and I can't wait to see what happens when it's
complete (and the edges of the screen are drawn)!

Once again, I aplogize for any offendedness, as I said I was gonna remove
those types of comments... and that website is far from being complete/useful
unless you want the Lookup Table TutoriCode...