Re: A89: Archive Memory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Archive Memory

> Thanx for the info nate, How many garbage collections would
> have to be preformed in order for a problem to occur. And I am
> also won... Ill type that in my own new message  Check it out
> when I post it

Well, if the life span of bit one in the archive is exactly 10,000
writes (chances are it will vary by as much as ~1000) and
every third archive moved the variable stored in bit 1 (highly
unlikely), you would have 29,999 garbage collections before
it breaks (since the first time it is written to is not a garbage
collection).  So if you do a garbage collection every week
(way too much once again), you have 600 years.  This is
assuming you don't crash your calculator, which would
require another original non-garbage write.