Re: A89: TI89 ROM vs HP49 ROM -- No More TI Bashing!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TI89 ROM vs HP49 ROM -- No More TI Bashing!!!

>If ROM can be edited so can serial numbers (right?).  I'll stop talking
>illegal for now though.

Not if it's hardware.  I've see little 3 wire chips a company made that
contained a serial number.  I doubt that TI would put the serial number in
the flash.  But it sorta makes sense.  If the code to write to it is
actually in a real ROM (not flash) then it could be done easily at the
factory when writing the code to the calcs.