Re: A89: Archive Utility v2.00

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Archive Utility v2.00

TGaArdvark@AOL.COM wrote:
> but before it finishes changing something.  A better solution would
> be to have a one-time program that searches through all the other
> programs on the calculator looking for that bug call.

Yes, that would stop the simplest of possible viruses, but also that is very
easy going around by makeing a self modyfing program, so the "vital" code is
"encrypted" (a simple xor would do).
I guess we just have to hope for the best, that noone is that stupid so they
want to compensate their small ego by makeing destructive viruses.. and only get
your programs from reliable sources...

As far as I know it is very possible to wreck your calc beyond repair, so I
advice against trying to hack around with this if you don't know for 110% what
you are doing.
And most probably the exakt bug will not work in future roms, but the chance is
very high that someone finds a "new" bug is very high. it is impossible for ti
to fix this problem completly with only modified software..  although according
to my friend Borg, they could fix it in new calcs with just a minor hardware
modification..

that is what i know so far, sorry for keeping it a secret so long ;)

(about borg's text, you can always find them on http://alh.dhs.org/ti89 or if
that one dont work, http://d188.ryd.student.liu.se/ti89)

//olle

Follow-Ups: References: