A89: Re: Re: Re: Question.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Re: Question.

----- Original Message -----
From: Kaus <kaus@cybrzn.com>
To: <assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 1999 4:23 AM
Subject: A89: Re: Re: Question.

> thank you. you have answered my question presisely.
> and as to yours, i beleive that the a68k assembler that i use anyway can
> turn off something, letr me check..
> yep. the -n switch. but it turns off all sorts of stuff
> here is all it does:
>
> --backword references to labels within the curent CODE section will be
> converted to PC relatve addressing with displacement if this mode is legal
> for the instruction.
> -this is turned off, so the conversion here wont happen with the -n switch
>
> --if a movem instruciton only specifies one resiter is is converted to the
> corresponding move instruction.
> -feature disabled by the -n switch  (i dont think this is that big a deal
> though :)
>
> --add, sub, move instructions will be converted to addq, subq, and moveq
> respecivelt if possible.
> -turned off by the -n switch. rough on bytes, probly, unless you
explicelty
> use the addq, subq, and moveq instruction yourself (i dont... :)
>
> ----add, cmp, sub, and move to an address reg are converted to adda, cmpa,
> suba, and movea unless they have been ocnverted to Q form.
> -turned off again.  agian, expicit use of the A forms get around this.
>
> --the above two things for the I form
> -again, expicit use of I gets around this being turned off with the -n
> switch
>
> --if both operands of a cmp instruction are postinc mode, gets converted
> cmpm
> -gets turned off.  you can use the cmpm instruction yourself if you want
it

> so, there are a few disadvantages if you are lazy, but if not then you are
> set! :)
>
> to get the 8 bits, you would then use the 0(Ax,Dy) form
> or 0(Ax)

So the -n switch turns off A68k:s automatic detection of the zero operand
which makes it treat the register as a byte?
But in the second case here the 0 is then treated as a word, right?

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92 Plus at http://c625.sparta.lu.se
Random PQF Quote follows:

English Burger Lords managed to take any American fast food virtues (the
speed with which your food was delivered, for example) and carefully remove
them; your food arrived after half an hour, at room temperature, and it was
only because of the strip of warm lettuce between them that you could
distinguish the burger from the bun. The Burger Lord pathfinder salesmen
had been shot 25 minutes after setting foot in France.
        -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Follow-Ups: References: