Re: A89: 'Remote Mode' (and Wizard92)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: 'Remote Mode' (and Wizard92)

Yep, to do this (at least for the 92) you send $09,$87,$xx,$yy with xx and
yy being the two byte getkey code for what you want to send...the 92 will
then respond with a static 4 byte acknowledgement...the difference between
this and remote mode is that in remote mode you don't have to send the the
$09,$87...just the key code...also, the calc returns the any output back
across the link port in remote mode (ie. you send 2,+,2,<enter>, the calc
will respond with a 4 (of course the ascii code fo all those...) ... in
remote mode the 92 sends a $FF when its done outputting data back to the
source...Also, you can have the remote source take the calc out of remote
mode, by executing the commands you used to get in, that way you don't have
to wait for apd, or take one of the batts out....and by using the nonremote
mode link control, you can put the calc into remote mode remotely...its
actually a very useful function and I'm surprised it hasn't been exploited
more.

-Dan