A89: Re: supervisor vs usermode...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: supervisor vs usermode...

 > Wow, what a speech.  I feel informed somehow, just by reading it.  You

:-)

 > probably don't want to type much after that, but I have one question:  Does
 > DoorsOS or the TIOS use the supervisor mode?

I have absolutely no idea. I feel reasonably confident to say that
I know the 68k and some other CPUs for I've been designing embedded
gizmos with them for a living (and for the fun of it :-) for quite a
few years.

On the other hand, I only have the calculator for about 3 months and,
unfortunately, it seems to me that unlike the Linux and most of the
embedded systems community, TI89 related developers don't seem to
release source code too often. Writing down information and putting
it onto a website doesn't strike me as overly common either.
Note the exceptions, of course, such as Olle.

So, while I'm happy to share my knowledge in regards to the 68K CPUs,
my information on above mentioned programs or the TI89 itself is
very limited (yet).

Regards,

Zoltan

Follow-Ups: References: