A89: arrays...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: arrays...

 > but how come if you do:
 > array2 ds.b 0
 > it will still allocate 1 bytes...doesn't it literally mean "define 0 bytes of
 > space"?...how come this works then...or am i just interpreting it wrongly???

This is an assembler bug. It should *not* allocate a byte for that. It
does exactly mean what you wrote.

 > If it does allocate a byte(I don't feel like checking) it is probably the
 > compiler's doing,since 'array ds.b 0' doesn't make sense...why would you even
 > try to do that anyway?

Depends on your environment. If you know 'common' blocks, then you
know that this is indeed a valid thing, especially with libraries.
It *does* make sense, although probably not in the case of the TI89.

Regards,

Zoltan