RE: A89: arrays...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A89: arrays...

>===== Original Message From assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org =====
>This is probably a dumb question, however, I am curious about defining
>arrays...I mean if you do something like:
>array1 ds.b 1
>then it will allocate (is this the right word?) 1 byte of space at location
>(array1)...
>
>but how come if you do:
>array2 ds.b 0
>it will still allocate 1 bytes...doesn't it literally mean "define 0 bytes of
>space"?...how come this works then...or am i just interpreting it wrongly???
>
>-Steve
If it does allocate a byte(I don't feel like checking) it is probably the
compiler's doing,since 'array ds.b 0' doesn't make sense...why would you even
try to do that anyway?

This e-mail has been sent to  you  courtesy of OperaMail,  a
free  web-based  service  from  Opera  Software,  makers  of
the award-winning Web Browser - http://www.operasoftware.com