Re: A89: installing custom ROMs (was: Linux port for 89/92)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Johan wrote:
> 2. If the boot loader refuses to install our ROM, *we* do it. We can write a
> small asm prog that disables ROM protection and downloads the code from the
> computer. No boot loader will ever get the chance to check if the encrypted
> checksum is correct, because it is verified during the download only (I think
> / hope). This method is very unsafe (overwriting the certificate area by
> mistake would be *fatal*) and everytime we want to upgrade our code, we must
> first reinstall the old TI-ROM to be able to run the asm installer.
>
> //Johan

this second alternative should be the simplest I think.. If we first clearly
identify wich areas we cant overwrite.. wich probably should be easier than
cracking RSA encryption.. (or less time consuming at least :)
And we don't need to reinstall tios, if we include our own installer in the code
we upload.

//Olle