Re: A89: Patching, Error Table

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Patching, Error Table

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 16:02:16 -0400, ZeromusMog@aol.com wrote:

> Bentensai and I were messing around with the 'Exec "a1"' thing on the calc,
> and we started wondering: is there any way to rewrite or patch the errors? It
> would be funny if, for instance, instead of the regular errors, you'd get
> something like this:

Patching the errors means patching the ROM... not recommended! (Unless you
know what you're doing ... etc etc etc)

>[snip]
>
> If anybody even knows how you'd go about reading the error table with an ASM
> program or something, please say so! I'd like to see how many errors there
> are in German and Italian. :)

Try the error numbers (divisible by 10) that are missing in the manual. Also
try '??1', '??2' and so on with these, i.e. 341, 342, 343 ...

Try 'Exec "a3364e750000"' for something incomprehensible (at least to me!)

These errors are used by the geometry app (I think), but nonetheless they
reside in the TI89 ROM... :)

Use 'char *find_error_message(short)' to "convert" an error number to a
string in asm.
Here's for you non-C guys:

	; d0.w = error number
	move.w	d0,-(sp)	; push argument (the error number)
	move.l	200,a0
	move.l	2820(a0),a0	; 2820 = find_error_message
	jsr	(a0)
	addq.w	#2,sp		; pop argument
	; a0 => error string

//Johan