RE: A89: Overwriting ROM (was Re: Linux Port)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A89: Overwriting ROM (was Re: Linux Port)

I say we go over to France, find this Wormhole guys, and beat the crap
out of him if he won't tell us his secret.  There are ways to make men
talk.  Seriously, if we were to go to him or anyone else who knows, with
a legitimate project, I'm sure he'd be willing to share the info.  About
the Linux issue, I think you're right about Linux being not useful for
the Calc.  What do you think about rewriting the OS for different
functions, but optimizing it for the calc, so while it won't be
standard, it would be better than TI-OS for programs.  For math, perhaps
TI-OS could be rewritten as a program rather than an OS.  Thats kinda
farfetched, but something along those lines would be cool.  Perhaps
someone else has written m68k routines for math functions already that
we could adapt.

Mark E. Scott Jr.
mscott@dbcity.net