A89: Re: For people with non-TI m68k experience?? (linuxTI project)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: For people with non-TI m68k experience?? (linuxTI project)

: A89: For people with non-TI m68k experience?? (linuxTI project)

> I am trying to find out if there is anyone on this mailing list who has
> experience with the m68k from other projects, and not just related to
> the stupid calculator.

7 Years of programming experience on 68000-68060..

> I get the feeling there are people on this list who have no concept of
> what the Linux project is about.  It isn't about turning a calculator

I guess you are not wrong with this :)

> into a computer, it's about running the m68k version of Linux on a store
> bought machine.

> F*ck the fact that it was built as a calculator.  It is a m68k based
> computer.  I could list a dozen other similarly equipped systems that
> were on the desktop.

The question is, which parts of Linux are actually useful for the TI.

Since the memory usage has to be drastically reduced it is probably
mandatory to rewrite a lot - even if uclinux is used.

Maybe we should create a little white paper of what is actually required
and what is interesting.