Re: A89: the VAT

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: the VAT

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:

> > I did not post this program, but its idea originally came from me.  Its
> > purpose is to degrade your flash-rom to the point of replacability near the
> > end of your warranty, thereby getting you a brand new flash-rom chip and 6
> > months of extra warranty.  repeat ever 5 months...
>
> It doesn't work though because the calculator doesn't erase unarchived
> variables and the calculator does not write a variable to the archive
> more than once per garbage collection, no matter how many times
> you archive or unarchive it.

I guess I'm confused.  I have also read about this 'garbage collection'
but...

1) Create a variable  (located in RAM, right)
2) Archive this variable (located in Flash, right)
3) Unarchive a variable (moved to RAM, right)
4) Change the variable (still in RAM, right)
5) Archive that variable (isn't this moved to Flash, if it is it must
be rewritten, since it was changed). Or is it still in RAM?  If so then
archiving does not archive.  How does one to know if something is in RAM
or Flash, if it not putinto Flash when one archives?

Shoot-to-Win

Protect the 2nd Amendment