Re: A89: Internet Link (New language?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Internet Link (New language?)

I originally had an idea for a 89 shell when it had first came out.  Since many
games then had not been made for it I felt that a shell that could run Fargo
proggrams would be helpful.  The problem was with the display being different.
I originaly wanted the shell to use special functions to shrink the screen.  You
could use this function or add scrolling support.  Then formating doesn't become
a problem. (Also keep in mind that the font size on the 89 is smaller compared
to a computer, so that shouldn't present a problem.

ZeromusMog@aol.com wrote:

> TGAardvark said something about people not knowing what Lynx is.
>
> I know what it is, and this TCML thing was my idea, origionally! The problem
> is that if you used something like Lynx to display pages on the calc, the
> format would never quite seem correct, things would be displayed in strange
> places, and you'd feel like you're in a winnebago on the highway. Using a
> markup language designed for a small screen and limited memory would make it
> _MUCH_ easier to browse those pages on the calc.
>
> Of course, I do not oppose a program that works something like lynx, but it
> would be much better if there was also a special markup language that is
> designed for the calc.

Follow-Ups: References: