Re: A89: Internet Link (New language?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Internet Link (New language?)

But most normal users don't access the internet through a 3x6 inch calculator!
Here is an idea:  the calculator is connected to an external modem with a
graph-link.  Then you dial up a standard (read NOT AOL) isp that allows direct
ip connection.  Then you telnet to a unix or linux shell.  All that needs to be
coded then is VT-100 terminal emulation.  No need for parsing, sense the server
does all the work.

Nate Mueller wrote:

> >No it wouldn't.  LYNX people!  LYNX!
>
> I agree that telneting to a command line host and running lynx would be
> easier (I use lynx at work) but not everyone can get a command line host.
> Even if they could, any graphical programs would be impossible.  As nice as
> pine and lynx are, I think most average users prefer netscape and eudora.
>
>         --Nate

Follow-Ups: References: