Re: A89: Internet Link (New language?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Daniel7073@aol.com wrote:

> I agree.  Why create our own standard, when there is already another standard
> (HTML) that weould serve the same purpose?  If someone could create a TCML
> browser, it would be just as easy,  or easier, to make an HTML browser.
>
> Daniel Imfeld

Again, I disagree. It would not be as easy to create a HTML browser. There are
inherent limitations to the Ti-89's display. Most modern HTML pages are formatted
to a large computer monitor with the latest 4.0 standards, and they are heavily
nested in frames tables and images. Creting a TI-Calculator browser able to cut
through these obstacles would be a very difficult task!

Creating our own standard would be simpler, and much more efficient.